Few suggestions from other users

Coordinator
Mar 20, 2009 at 1:09 AM
Edited Mar 20, 2009 at 1:29 AM
1. Allow connection to servers on a specific port using AdvancedSettings2.RDPPort
2. More screen resolutions on the slider - most obviously 1152x864 and 1280x1024.
3. Context menu on the list of servers.
4. Options for different icon sizes for the list of servers.
5. Groupings for servers - handy if you have lots of clients each of whom have multiple servers. You could launch sessions for all the items in the group.
6. Auto hide or view menu option to show/hide the sidebar (similar to Visual Studio).
7. Clicking Delete Server or Edit Settings when there are no servers throws an exception.

Here's another one that's just occurred. I use Launchy to index a directory with a load of .rdp files in it, which means I can just type Ctrl+space then a portion of the server name and launch it. To do that with this tool it'd need to:
1. Be able to launch a connection from the built in server list from the command line.
2. Have a command line switch to open the connection in an existing instance of the app.
3. Perhaps even be able to launch connections from the command line using rdp files rather than the built in server list.

Thanks for an extremely usefull project.

Some suggestions:
Ability to password protect the server list.
Ability to right click on a connection item in the list to edit connection details.
Ability to log out of a connection rather than disconnect.
One thing I like about Palantir is the tabs of open connections.

Hopefully I will have some time over the weekend to work on some of these and send the code.
Mar 25, 2009 at 8:54 AM
Totally enjoying using this project :o)

However the main issue I do have is not being able to use it where servers do not use 3389/tcp for RDP connections. Its definitely something that I would like to see added to the project as then I could totally get away from using the XP client or 2003 Admin Pak replacement

Dino
Coordinator
Mar 25, 2009 at 9:01 AM
Hey thanks @thedotlair. check r19552 :) 
Coordinator
Mar 25, 2009 at 9:03 AM
DONE(03222009_1254)1. Allow connection to servers on a specific port using AdvancedSettings2.RDPPort
DONE(03192009_0916)2. More screen resolutions on the slider - most obviously 1152x864 and 1280x1024.
DONE(03202009_1341)3. Context menu on the list of servers.
DONE(03222009_1254)4. Options for different icon sizes for the list of servers.
ONGOING 5. Groupings for servers - handy if you have lots of clients each of whom have multiple servers. You could launch sessions for all the items in the group.
DONE(03212009_1321)6. Auto hide or view menu option to show/hide the sidebar (similar to Visual Studio).
DONE(03192009_0200)7. Clicking Delete Server or Edit Settings when there are no servers throws an exception.

Here's another one that's just occurred. I use Launchy to index a directory with a load of .rdp files in it, which means I can just type Ctrl+space then a portion of the server name and launch it. To do that with this tool it'd need to:
1. Be able to launch a connection from the built in server list from the command line.
2. Have a command line switch to open the connection in an existing instance of the app.
3. Perhaps even be able to launch connections from the command line using rdp files rather than the built in server list.

Thanks for an extremely usefull project.

Some suggestions:
Ability to password protect the server list.
DONE(03202009_1341)Ability to right click on a connection item in the list to edit connection details.
Ability to log out of a connection rather than disconnect.
DONE(03212009_1321)One thing I like about Palantir is the tabs of open connections.

Hopefully I will have some time over the weekend to work on some of these and send the code.
Mar 25, 2009 at 9:05 AM
Hey nullstring,

Thanks for the very quick reply :o)

I must admit that I'm totally rubbish when it comes to programming languages etc and so I'm at a loose end when it comes to .NET compilation etc. Not that I'm asking you for the instructions hehe. Is there any chance that this is going to be released as a pre-compiled binary at some point (say Alpha #8)?

Dino
Coordinator
Mar 25, 2009 at 9:15 AM
Well yes of course, sooner :) I just got the SQLite3 implemented on this project and some ongoing development from Simon and shmulyeng's requests.

I'll release the Alpha 8 a.s.a. everything are stable enough.

Just keep on watching and please. If you found some bug, you're free to report here or on the Issue Tracker :)

Best Regards!
- Jayson R.

Jul 23, 2009 at 2:24 PM

is it possible to insert the connect in console mode option?